The Development Institute believes that talents need nurturing, shaping and building and therefore, aims at assisting every organization in discovering and enhancing the technical capacities of its people to respond to its development drive through knowledge and capacity spirited discharge of responsibilities.
What We Do
- Identify the training needs of organizations and their people in relation to their primary undertakings and the dynamics of their environment in order to provide the appropriate programmes to the right individuals.
- Develop and strengthen people's aptitude generally to explore the opportunities offered by their physical environment, establish and succeed in their chosen occupations.
- Provide skills to prospective and small scale entrepreneurs engaged in or desiring to engage in different entrepreneurships.
- Provide tailored/customized training for individuals, groups or organizations in different areas.
- Engage in research, documentation and publications in relation to the Institute's programmes of study.
- Provide and maintain a reference compendium for public servants, academics and students engaged in research and studies on major issues of the society by their topicality.
- Create civic and human rights awareness among the citizenry through edge- cutting activities.
- Organize and conduct workshops, seminars and symposia at the behest of organizations.
- Arrange guided study visits to in Nigeria and abroad for institutions and organizations.
- Arrange internships and attachment for professional and technical staff of organizations and institutions.
- Cooperate with local, regional or international bodies in the development and execution of programmes and projects which are ancillary and complimentary to any or all of the Institute's objectives.